RevolveR, the web comix anthology of Salgood Sam

Sep 12, 2006

36

Not quite yet, but I will be shortly.
Sheesh...


I don't feel "36"
Whatever that's supposed to feel like...


Packing right now to go to Toronto this week. I will be spending some time with family and friends for the week of my Birthday, this 15th.

I was thinking I might also go check out the Doug Wright Awards on the 14th, but now I've been asked to record the events again this year so it's official, guest list and all that jazz!

I joke, it was pretty official last year too....but this time I'm going as a reporter! :D I'll be at the Gladstone with my gear on the 14th, Keep your ears pealed on this spot for the posting of the audio from that some time the 15th.

My birthday and you all get the present... humm.



coveridea-kateBeen penciling Therefore Repent! All this week, and worked up some cover designs to pass by Jim. Nothing final yet but we all seem to like the Dog, what do you think?

coveridea-dogNeed to get some chunks of the story lettered and done by the end of the month for previews in magazines Jim has lined up, it's going to be a bit hectic, what with the fussy business of settling into a new work space, and going on a trip this week - been getting a fair bit done but feeling very distracted.

Damn this is a big book!

Going to talk to Jim about doing some kind of web publishing thing with this when I'm in TO, maybe something like a modern tales deal with micro payments? We'll see, If you're interested in that I'd like to know, drop me a line!

More on that and the magazine previews for the story later.

By the way, please do leave me comments, I'd love to get more feed back. I seem to have a code bug or something with this new layout in some browsrs - at least on my end at times...if your having trouble with them that might be it...but I am getting them and they show up here in most browsers...not sure if it's a problem.

Anywho, be good, cheers
Max

Labels:

posted by max at 9/12/2006 05:12:00 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Skylark- said...

Yeah that is a big book - is this the longest thing you've worked on? How detailed is the script?

9/20/2006 08:18:00 PM  
Blogger max said...

Hey Skylark

Yep it is, and very but not - Jim is a novelist and other than a few film scripts he's not used to writing for script, so i had him write mostly strait prose with minimal shot descriptions. But that meant that i had to work out what moments to show out of his fluid descriptions. His style of writing is very movement oriented so there was a lot of work to do breaking it down to panels. But as much as that's a lot of work, it's also very liberating to make my own choices about how to depict the events of the story.

9/20/2006 10:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Stumble It!



RevolveR, the web comix anthology of Salgood Sam

Sadax Golum. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Dream Life | a late comic of age. a web comic by Salgood Sam